One of the things Advanced Tech owner, Rusty Stevens enjoys in his spare time is cooking! We’ve all grown to enjoy and love the dishes he makes and now we want to share them with you too!
This spicy dish has a wonderful blend of flavors that will make you feel like you’re in New Orleans! Give it a try for yourself and send us a pic on social to let us know what you think!
2-3 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 lb smoked sausage sliced into rounds
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
2 1/2 C small raw shrimp peeled and deveined
2 Tbsp Cajun seasoning
½ tsp Garlic Salt
½ tsp Onion Powder
1 medium yellow onion diced
1 medium green bell pepper, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
28 oz can crushed tomatoes
14 oz can diced tomatoes
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce
1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 1/4 C uncooked white rice
2 1/2 C chicken broth
1. Begin cooking the rice according to package instructions, separately.
2. Heat 1 Tbsp of olive oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat
3. Sauté the sausage with 1/2 of the Cajun seasoning until browned, set aside. Do the same with the chicken, adding the shrimp to the chicken in the last minute of cooking. Set all meat to the side.
4. In the pot used to cook the meats, sauté onion, bell pepper, celery and garlic until tender. Add red pepper, black pepper, salt, garlic salt, onion powder, hot pepper sauce and worcestershire sauce.
5. Stir in crushed and diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
6. Stir in chicken shrimp and sausage and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally
7. Stir in chicken broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 25-35 minutes.
8. Pour the soup mixture over the rice and serve hot.